Shahzain Bugti Says Government “Fabricated” Cases Against Him

The Baloch Hal News

QUETTA: The provincial chief of Jamhoori Watan Party (JWP), Nawabzada Shahzain Bugti has said that cases registered against him and his companions were absolutely fabricated.

“Dera Bugti is my hometown and I will go there at any cost,” he expressed these views while talking to journalists at the Session Court here on Tuesday.
He said he had nothing to do with the smuggling of arms and ammunitions. “Implicating me and my companions in fake cases is aimed at to blackmail us,” he added. However, he said that he would not appeal against it.
The JWP leader further claimed that the three Bugtis arrested from Karachi on Monday, who were believed by the government to be from outlawed Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA), had actually been picked up from Quetta on January 18 this year.

“Two of them were picked by government agencies and their case is in the court,” he alleged.
Earlier, Shahzain Bugti was produced before Additional District and Session Judge Quetta- III because of absence of Additional District and Session Quetta-V.
The learned court adjourned the hearing of case against Shahzain Bugti another to 14 May. Shahzain was brought in an armored car from District Jail Quetta to Session Court under tight security.
Shahzain and his 26 companions were arrested last month after the Supreme Court cancelled their earlier bail granted by Balochistan High Court.
They had been arrested by paramilitary Frontier Corps (FC) on December 22, 2010 at the Buleli check post in Quetta for allegedly smuggling weapons.

Published in The Baloch Hal on May 8, 2012