Insurgents Kill 3 Peace Force Personnel

checkpostFrom Express Tribune

QUETTA: At least three members of a voluntary peace force, including one of its commanders, were killed and four others were kidnapped on Saturday when Baloch insurgents attacked their camp in Dera Bugti, Balochistan.

According to Balochistan Levies sources, dozens of armed insurgents assaulted the post of the pro-government tribal militia post in the Tilli Mat area of Dera Bugti in an early morning raid. As a result, at least three of its members, including a commander, were killed.
The assailants managed to kidnap four others and whisked them away to an undisclosed location. Two of the victims were identified as Mureed and Sachal while the third remained unidentified.

“Armed men running into several dozen attacked the post and whisked away five members of the tribal force in their vehicles after forcing them to surrender,” Balochistan Home Secretary Captain (retd) Akbar Hussain Durrani said. One man who resisted was shot dead by the assailants, he said.

Local administration chief Syed Faisal Shah confirmed the raid, saying security forces had been rushed to the area and a search operation had been launched.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.

Last month, an insurgent leader by the name of Bishku had surrendered to the security forces.

Meanwhile, after being tipped-off about their location, security forces started chasing the insurgents. But their vehicle struck a landmine in Tili Mat area of Dera Bugti district, killing a security official and critically injuring another. (WITH ADDITIONAL INPUT FROM AFP)

Republished in The Baloch Hal on January 29, 2013